Today we had double block Humanities, so for the first block, we got into our novel groups. We then started discussing the setting that took place in the book for about half an hour and after we started working individually on taking notes about the setting. We did this until the end of the first block so for the second block, we got a partner and took out our four paragraphs from a while ago (Narrative, Persuasive etc..) and the partner had to read the other persons paragraph aloud.
Learning Intention:
The learning intention for block one was to get us to talk as a group and also have us be independent about working on our own. For the next block, we had to peer check because when you have another person read you're paragraph out loud, you'll find the mistakes easier than reading it by yourself quietly. Once we read it, we had to go back and figure out hoe to change the mistake.
Reflections / Connections:
Writing the notes about the book was easy for me because I understood everything and I know what happened in the book so it's not much of a challenge. Peer editing my partners paragraphs was also easy because once I read it out loud, I found the mistake right away and I was able to change it.
Homework:
Today's homework isn't much. All we have to do is re-write a good copy of our edited paragraphs (print or write in pen).
Tips:
- Ms.Lees told us that we were doing a very good job today because we were on task and quiet, lets do the same tomorrow!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteVery well written! Good job.
ReplyDelete