Thursday, 2 February 2012

Learning Log Feb 2

What we did today:
Today is Thursday, so it was a double block day. For the first block, in our table groups, we discussed our answers for chapter 1 and 2 questions from our novel ' There Will Be Wolves.' We were given poker chips to use during our discussion so that everyone would get the chance for talking. Whenever you wanted to talk, you had to put in a chip. We only got three so we had to use them wisely. For second block, we were given a page with questions for every chapter in our book for us to do. Today though, we were assigned to do chapters 3 and 4. So that's what we did all block.

Learning intention:
The purpose of discussing what answers we got in a group was for us to hear what other answers people got. Using the poker chips in our discussion was so that people who talk a lot and always have something to add won't be talking the whole time. This way, some of the people that try and hide during group talks will be forced to speak up, since when you run out of chips, you can't add anymore. Doing this discussion was good for our oral communication because it made us speak up and share what we got.

Reflections/connections:
Doing the discussion with the chips was smart because some of us are shy. Doing this makes us speak up and makes us comfortable talking. This will help us in many ways when we get older. If we ever get a job, we will have to be comfortable speaking in front of people. Also, if we ever do a job interview. It will even help us in school. Some teachers mark you on how much you participate in class.
For me, doing the group discussion was pretty easy because I talk quite a lot. I felt like I am not very shy so it wasn't hard for me. Doing the novel questions was harder because some of the questions I couldn't quite remember the answers too. I ended up figuring the out though.

Homework:
Tomorrow, chapter 3 and 4 questions are due so make sure those are done.

Tips:
Make sure that you stay focussed on what you are doing during class and also stay quiet during class. We don't want another detention.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job Monika! You always post really fast! It was well written and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I always post it as soon as I get home so I don't forget to post and also so I don't forget what we did in class

    ReplyDelete